WE are on to the penultimate day of the 2015 Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz.
We are publishing two rounds each day this week, each with a different Argyle-related theme. At the end of the week, after you have had a go at all ten rounds, please send us your answers to email@example.com
. Monday's questions can be found here
, with Tuesday's here
. Wednesday's questions are here
Please do not send sets of answers daily; we will only accept complete answer lists from Saturday, July 4 onwards. Closing date for entry is 5pm on Friday, July 10, 2015. The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, one of the highest scorers will be selected at random as overall winner.
The prize, as always, is our famous 'Box of Whatever'. The Box of Whatever is the upshot of the annual tidy-up of the Communications Office, which yields all manner of goodies. This year's Box of Whatever includes (but is not limited to) signed t-shirts; match DVDs; sweets; Argyle shorts; a Celtic shirt (well, it is green and white); posters; team sheets; laces; a scarf; and more.
Rounds seven and eight test you on your memory from last season...and from 20 years ago...
Round Seven - Down Wembley Way
It is twenty seasons since Neil Warnock led Argyle to promotion from the third division to the second via the club's only ever day out at Wembley. How well do you remember that campaign...?
1) Soon after being appointed manager, Neil Warnock brought in a man who had been with the England squad for the 1990 World Cup. Name him.
2) Which two players did Argyle get in exchange for Paul Dalton?
3) In all competitions, Argyle started with a losing run of how many games?
4) Name Argyle's five goalkeepers that season?
5) Who scored against Argyle in a Devon derby, but would later score FOR the Pilgrims that season?
6) And who played against Argyle in the above derby game, then played FOR the Greens at Wembley?
7) The first two home games of 1996 saw a combined attendance of more than 30,000. Who were the two opponents?
8) Who was voted Argyle's player of the season for 1995-96?
9) Who was the only player to score against Argyle in the play-offs?
10) Who took the corner that led to Argyle's decisive Wembley goal?
Round Eight - Sky Bet League 2 in 2014-15
How closely were you following the other teams in our division last season?
1) Portsmouth had the highest capacity of any team in Sky Bet League 2 last season - who had the second highest?
2) Which two clubs were geographically closest to each other?
3) Paul Murray took over as a League 2 manager in October. Who did he replace?
4) Which club finished with the worst goal difference?
5) Who was the top goalscorer from all the promoted clubs?
6) Which club's shirts were sponsored by Martin Dawn PLC?
7) Which three former Argyle players scored penalties in the play-off final shoot-out?
8) Which club, for a home game against Burton Albion, had the lowest attendance of the season, with just 919 in the ground?
9) Which club had the longest winning AND the longest losing run of the season?
10) Which team was top of the league on September 6?