PLYMOUTH Argyle are inviting applications to fill the role of Stadium Catering Manager.
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, the Stadium Catering Manager will be responsible for maximising revenues for the business by driving sales activity and maximising use of the catering kiosks at Home Park. The successful applicant will be responsible for the effective operation of all kiosks within the Stadium and will ensure that they operate within licensing legislation at all times.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Stock management and stock control, taking into account the fluctuating expectations of crowd numbers.
• Leading, training and supervising of catering staff to ensure they meet and maintain the required standards of service, hygiene and health and safety.
• Produce staff rotas and cleaning schedules.
• Receive and check all bar deliveries and ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed and processed on time.
• Ensure that products within the kiosks are displayed and ready for sale during opening hours.
• Liaison with suppliers and their representatives.
• Management of floats, handling cash and cashing up the tills at the end of each shift with appropriate reconciliation of paperwork.
• Promote initiatives to improve revenue and support for club events.
• Act as a role model to other staff and an ambassador for the club at all times, providing a warm, friendly and welcoming service.
HOURS OF WORK
The standard working week will be a nominal 25 hours, to include all home match-days (including weekends and bank holidays).
Although not essential, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of managing a catering operation on a large scale. They will have experience of stock control methodology and of managing foodstuffs that are perishable and non-perishable. They will also possess excellent organisational skills and be confident working in a fast paced environment and to required deadlines. An understanding of sports clubs is an advantage but is not essential, however good computer skills and a good level of numeracy and literacy are required. Applicants will require a full personal license.
Applications will be accepted via CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Please send your CV and covering letter, together with details of your current salary and notice period, to James Greenacre (Commercial Operations Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be received by 5pm on Friday, November 20, 2015. Interviews to take place in Plymouth during week commencing Monday, November 23, 2015.
Click here for a PDF version of the job specification.