AN opportunity has arisen for a full-time, highly motivated and enthusiastic media all-rounder to join us at Argyle.
We are looking for a Communications Officer whose core responsibilities will be to:
• share responsibility for creating, editing and publishing engaging content on the club’s media channels, including social media;
• help production of the award-winning Pilgrim match-day programme;
• assist in co-ordinating the club’s external and internal communications; and
• to promote club events and teams, including the first-team and Academy and women’s team.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• produce and publish video-based content via the most appropriate club communication platforms;
• provide a key research and copywriting resource for all club communication channels;
• attend home and away matches for club communication duties, including facilitating media requests for interviews; producing articles for the club communications channels including team news; and chaperoning the manager and players during post-match media interviews;
• produce written and social media content for the club’s communication channels;
• assist production of the Pilgrim official match day programme, from planning to production, including writing copy and proof-reading;
• facilitate interview requests made by members of external media organisations, including arranging and organising pre and post-match media interviews;
• carry out interviews on behalf of the club with the manager, players and club officials;
• disseminate club information and handle PR and media inquiries and requests, liaising with other club departments as required, including with Argyle Community Trust and the Argyle Academy.
• support the club’s other departments with quality communication and PR;
• ensure that the brand image of the club is used in a proper manner;
• maintain the club Board’s Vision and Values.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience working in a similar fast-paced role within professional football or related sporting industries;
• be an exceptional communicator;
• possess excellent IT skills, including video-editing;
• be a team player with a proactive approach to day-to-day issues;
• be enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible to the many and varied requirements of the role and of the club;
• have the ability to generate ideas and challenge the status quo whilst considerate of organisational limitations;
• hold a full, valid UK driving licence; own car is desirable but not essential.
Send a CV and covering letter detailing suitability for the role to:
Rick Cowdery, Head of Communications, Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Or by post to Home Park, Plymouth PL2 3DQ.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday, October 12, 2018.