A Home For Our Academy
A permanent home for the Argyle Academy has been secured in the heart of our city thanks to a ground-breaking agreement.
Argyle will provide an eight-figure investment towards the project, which will see wholesale redevelopment of Brickfields to install superb facilities for our ambitious youth Academy, including a covered pitch and other amenities which are of the standard required to apply for Category 2 status in the future.
The initial agreement operates on the principle that the Academy centre will include:
- An improved suite of playing pitches including three grass football pitches, and replacing an existing grass rugby training pitch with a new 3G pitch
- A new purpose-built Academy building, including classrooms for scholars, office space for Academy staff, changing rooms, a gym, and a parents’ lounge
- A new floodlit 3G football pitch to replace a poor condition (currently closed) hockey pitch
- A new, covered 3G football pitch
- Conversion of the existing 60m x 40m rubber crumb pitch to two PlayZones exclusively for public use
- Better site access, public realm and parking
- Opening up the site for community paths