YOU are the tops!
We asked you to help us choose next season’s PUMA home shirt and you voted in your hundreds through a poll carried out by the Plymouth Herald and on the club’s official website, www.pafc.co.uk.
The top which topped the poll, with an overwhelming 71% of the ballot, was ‘Evo Power’.
Second in your favours was the ‘Speed’ design, which scored just under 25% of the vote, with ‘Power’ netting just over 5%.
So, we know you like ‘Evo Power’.
However, we have also heard that some of the Green Army were disappointed that a striped design was not among the three options.
There was a simple reason for this – the cost-price of a striped design is significantly more than the three designs that were put up for public vote. This will naturally be reflected in any retail price and our desire was to make it as cheap as we could for the Green Army to buy a replica shirt in 2014-15.
The new supply deal negotiated with PUMA would enable us to sell the plain green shirt for £37 next season whilst the striped design will be priced at £39.99.
Notwithstanding that, we have now been persuaded that fans should be able to have a say in whether they want the first-team to wear a striped shirt in home matches next season.
So, this is what we are going to do:
• we have asked PUMA to supply us with a green-and-white-striped option, ‘Touchline’;
• and we are going to put that option up in a straight snap head-to-head vote with the shirt that won the previous vote, ‘Evo Power’.
A few points:
• The closing date of the new poll is midnight on Saturday, January 11. All votes MUST be received by this time.
• Whichever top tops the poll will be worn with white shorts and green socks.
• This is a new poll. No previous vote will be carried forward.
As part of the original voting process, Argyle fans who voted through coupons printed in the Herald were entered into a draw to win one of several fantastic prizes:
• having their picture taken with the entire Argyle squad at the club’s official 2014-15 photocall;
• the opportunity to be present at the delivery of the new shirts next summer and be the very first fan to get a name and number printed on the back of a free pristine, first-out-of-the-box top;
• a brand new shirt four runners-up.
The winners will be revealed in next Tuesday’s Herald.