The Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz - Part One
IT is time again to test your Argyle knowledge and powers of recall as we play the 2014 Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz.Between now and Saturday we will be posting two rounds each day, each with a different Argyle-related theme. At the end of the week, after you have had a go at all ten rounds, please send us your answers to email@example.com.
Please do not send sets of answers daily; we will only accept complete answers from Saturday onwards. Closing date for entry is 5pm on Friday, July 4, 2014. The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, one of the highest scorers will be selected at random as overall winner.
The prize, as always, is our patented 'Box of Stuff'. The Box of Stuff is the upshot of the annual tidy-up of the Communications Office, which yields all manner of Argyle goodies. This year's Box of Stuff includes (but is not limited to) signed t-shirts; match DVDs; an Argyle tie; a pinball-style football toy; and an Elton John 'Rocket Man' programme from his Home Park concert. That could be worth some money one day - but we think it's gonna be a long, long time.
Look how happy our intern Charlie was to even lay his hands on such a prestigious miscellany of items.
Here are the first two rounds: good luck!
ROUND ONE - PRE-SEASON
1) Who joined Argyle as performance manager in June 2013?
2) Who rejoined Argyle within two weeks of the 2012-13 season’s conclusion?
3) What nationality was trialist Tuomas Rannankari?
4) Paris Cowan-Hall left the Pilgrims to join which fellow League 2 club?
5) Who scored Argyle’s goal in a 1-1 draw in our first pre-season friendly at Home Park?
6) And who was wearing 21 for Argyle’s opponent’s that day?
7) Who were the only team to beat Argyle in pre-season?
8) Which player suffered a knee injury in July that ruled him out of the entire season?
9) Who scored the Pilgrims’ winner against Tiverton Town, then left Argyle to become the player-assistant manager of Salisbury Town?
10) Which 21-year-old, having left Scottish champions Celtic, signed for Argyle on a short term deal in July?
ROUND TWO - FIRSTS
1) Who made his first – and last – appearance of the season in the opening game?
2) Who scored Argyle’s first goal of the Sky Bet League 2 season?
3) Against which team did Argyle keep their first clean sheet on the road?
4) Who was the first player to score in consecutive games?
5) Who was the first player to score more than one goal in a league game?
6) Name the two players that scored on their first ever starts for Argyle`.
7) Which club was the first that Argyle completed a ‘double’ against, i.e. beating them both home and away?
8) Who was the first Argyle player to be sent off in all competitions?
9) When was the first time Argyle drew two games in a row?
10) Which two players scored their first ever Argyle goals in 1-1 draws during the season?
Rounds 3 and 4 will be published on Wednesday.