CONGRATULATIONS to Tyler House, who is the winner of our 2015 Bumper Summer Quiz.
Tyler was one of two people who scored maximum points, and was drawn randomly from a hat containing the names of both of the top scorers, to be selected as the winner.
The standard of entrants was again extremely high. Thank you to everyone that participated - we hope you enjoyed it.
Tyler will become the proud owner of the famed 'Box of Whatever', pictured above, which he will no doubt treasure for ever.
Below are the answers, so you can work out how you got on...
1) How many professional clubs did Derek Adams play for in his on-field career? (6)
2) Which two clubs did Adams play for more than 100 times? (Ross County, Motherwell)
3) During his playing career, Adams appeared for only one club outside of Scotland. Which team was it? (Burnley)
4) Adams scored for Motherwell in the 2002-03 Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers. What was the final score of that game? (4-3 to Rangers)
5) What was the first competition that Adams won as a manager? (Scottish Second Division)
6) In Ross County’s run to the Scottish Cup Final in 2010 with Adams in charge, which team did they beat 2-0 in the semi-final? (Celtic)
7) In Derek’s second stint as manager of Ross County, they cruised to the 2011-12 Scottish First Division championship. How many points clear of second-placed Dundee did they finish? (24)
8) County also went on a remarkable unbeaten league run during that title-winning season. How many games did that run consist of? (34)
9) Which other, personal honour did Adams receive at the end of the 2011-12 campaign? (PFA Scotland Manager of the Year)
10) What position in the table did Adams’ Ross County finish in their debut season in the Scottish Premier League? (5th)
1) Which Scottish manager took charge of Argyle between 1981 and 1983? (Bobby Moncur)
2) Who is the only Scottish player to have ever received Argyle’s Player of the Year award? (Dave Provan)
3) Behind Sammy Black, which Scot has played the most times for Argyle? (Fred Craig)
4) Which Scotsman, signed from Porthleven in 1998, played for Argyle for four years, scoring seven goals? (Martin Gritton)
5) Which former Argyle manager holds the record (alongside Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Gary Hooper and Marco Negri) for most goals scored in a single Scottish Premier League fixture? (Paul Sturrock)
6) Which Scottish striker scored 9 goals in 25 games during Argyle’s title-winning 2001-02 campaign? (Marino Keith)
7) Only one other Scot scored a goal for Argyle in that 2001-02 season. Who was it? (Blair Sturrock)
8) Which former Argyle player has played nine times for Scotland, scoring two goals, despite being born in Dorking? (Jamie Mackie)
9) Which Glaswegian scored 13 goals in 41 appearances for Argyle in a season-long loan during the 2008-09 campaign? (Paul Gallagher)
10) Which one Scot was contracted to Argyle during the 1991-92 season? (Andy Morrison)
1) Who is the manager of Morecambe? (Jim Bentley)
2) Which former Argyle player has written books called Left Foot Forward and Left Foot in the Grave? (Garry Nelson)
3) Who was the Leeds United goalkeeper who missed a Charity Shield penalty that gave Liverpool victory? (David Harvey)
4) Who scored a stunning winner for Liverpool in a victory against Arsenal in 2004, but was forced to retire at the age of 29 because of a knee injury? (Neil Mellor)
5) Who is the new manager of Torquay? (Paul Cox)
6) Who is England’s youngest ever goalscorer? (Wayne Rooney)
7) Who was the manager of Sunderland when they won promotion to the Premier League in 1996? (Peter Reid)
8) Who did Cesc Fabregas kick a ball at whilst playing for Chelsea at the end of the 2014-15 season, resulting in the former being sent off? (Chris Brunt)
9) Which Scottish international, who played for Hearts and Celtic, achieved promotion in his first three seasons as a manager? (Paul Hartley)
10) Which former Crystal Palace, Wigan and QPR player was famously nicknamed ‘One Size’? (Fitz Hall)
1) Who was the first Argyle player to score a penalty during the league season? (Deane Smalley)
2) Who was the first loan player to score for the Pilgrims during the campaign? (Bobby Reid)
3) Who was the first player in the season to score a decisive winner for Argyle during the season? (Dom Blizzard)
4) Who were the first team to have a player sent off against Argyle? (Southend United - Cian Bolger)
5) Who was the first Argyle player to score a headed goal in the league? (Reuben Reid, v Southend)
6) Who was the last Argyle player to score a first half goal? (Kelvin Mellor, v Shrewsbury)
7) Where did Luke McCormick keep his first away clean sheet? (Luton Town)
8) Who was the last player to score in consecutive league games? (Anthony O’Connor)
9) Who was the first Argyle player to score and be cautioned in the same game? (Reuben Reid, v Bury
10) Who was the first player to score a hat-trick against Exeter...in 87 years? (Reuben Reid)
Who is being talked about?
1) “I was about to take him off anyway. If he had got up, I probably still would have taken him off two or three minutes later.
“He will be a legend in Plymouth, scoring a hat-trick in the derby. If you do that, people will remember you. I thought he was a handful today.” (Reuben Reid)
2) "He can play anywhere - he gives you a seven, seven-and-a-half or eight out of ten every week, and that’s the good thing about him.
“I just felt that, regarding midfield, I needed a bit more energy in there, and I think Drew gave us that. He hasn’t played that many times in midfield but he gives you a lot with his energy and work ethic.
“He just knows the game and is a real ‘Steady Eddy’ player.” (Drew Talbot)
3) “[He] is so pumped up before a game, probably a bit too much if anything.
“All players are different and you need those type of players in the squad. I was always vocal on the pitch but, before a game, I’d be very quiet. But [he] is pumped up, it’s like you’re going out for a cup final every Saturday.” (Peter Hartley)
4) “He’s done well since he came in and played a part in us getting some good results.
“He’s got this little bit of confidence and cockiness, which I like in a player. He’s a decent little runner with the ball as well.
“He’s happy here, we like him and he’s enjoying his football which is a help to us.” (Bobby Reid)
5) “[He is] a competitor; he’s unbelievable – the lads will tell you that – in training. He’s frightening – he competes for everything; never lets anything go by; and he’s a bit of a warrior.” (Carl McHugh)
6) “I think he has got really good potential – I have liked him for a few years.
“He just gives us something different which I have been after. He was always more of a target man.
“I think he has got of the attributes to being a successful player for us. He is a really good age, and it is about getting a bit of confidence back in himself. Hopefully he will come in and do well for us.” (Ryan Brunt)
7) “[This Player], since I’ve left him out, has trained really well. I said to him that I’ve got to find a place [in the first team] for you, try and put you in somewhere.
“[He] is a very laid-back character and a great lad. He is always thinking of the team, does not think of himself” (Kelvin Mellor)
8) “He is a big player for us, because of his work-ethic and his willingness to get at players, and get them on the back foot.” (Lewis Alessandra)
9) Who is Lee Cox talking about here?
“Everyone who’s played has had their debut and knows that it’s tough, so everybody was around [him] before the game and giving him encouragement on the pitch.
“He took to the game brilliantly and looked very composed. We knew he had it in him but, being a young lad, we didn’t know if he was going to handle the pressure; but he did well.” (Aaron Bentley)
10) And finally, who is Paul Wotton speaking of here?
“He has been threatening to do that for a while; he goes on those runs, and he travels with the ball really well.
“It opened up for him, and he showed great composure in front of goal. It was a great little outside-foot finish, and you will struggle to see a better goal this weekend, you would have thought.” (Andy Kellett)
1) Which former Pilgrim was part of Truro's promotion season at the age of 43? (Barry Hayles)
2) Which former Pilgrim scored for the Democratic Republic of Congo in the Africa Cup of Nations? (Yannick Bolasie)
3) Which former Pilgrim played for England in the under 21 European Championships? (Ben Gibson)
4) Which former Pilgrim has scored three times in New York derby matches? (Bradley Wright-Phillips)
5) Which former Pilgrim was voted Millwall's 2014-15 player of the year? (Nadjim Abdou)
6) Which former Pilgrim came out of retirement and finished the season player for Stanway Rovers? (Karl Duguid)
7) Which former Pilgrim took over as caretaker manager of a Conference side, and scored an own goal in his first game in charge? (Chris Barker)
8) Which former Pilgrim and his wife are running an ice cream business as he works to get back from injury? (Rory Fallon)
9) Which former Pilgrim was a marquee signing for Indian I-League club Bharat FC? (Rommy Boco)
10) Which former Pilgrim took over as a caretaker manager for a club in January, until the end of the season - and while doing so, managed one of our new summer signings? (Gary Teale)
1) Soon after being appointed manager, Neil Warnock brought in a man who had been with the England squad for the 1990 World Cup. Name him. (Norman Medhurst - England's physio)
2) Which two players did Argyle get in exchange for Paul Dalton? (Chris Billy, Gary Clayton)
3) In all competitions, Argyle started with a losing run of how many games? (6)
4) Name Argyle's five goalkeepers that season? (Nicky Hammond, Kevin Blackwell, Andy Petterson, James Dungey, Steve Cherry)
5) Who scored against Argyle in a Devon derby, but would later score FOR the Pilgrims that season? (Scott Partridge)
6) And who played against Argyle in the above derby game, then played FOR the Greens at Wembley? (Chris Curran)
7) The first two home games of 1996 saw a combined attendance of more than 30,000. Who were the two opponents? (Exeter City, Coventry City)
8) Who was voted Argyle's player of the season for 1995-96? (Mick Heathcote)
9) Who was the only player to score against Argyle in the play-offs? (Mark Kinsellla)
10) Who took the corner that led to Argyle's decisive Wembley goal? (Chris Leadbitter)
1) Portsmouth had the highest capacity of any team in Sky Bet League 2 last season - who had the second highest? (Carlisle United)
2) Which two clubs were geographically closest to each other? (Luton and Stevenage)
3) Paul Murray took over from which other manager as a League 2 club's manager? (Colin Cooper)
4) Which club finished with the worst goal difference? (Hartlepool)
5) Who was the top goalscorer from all the promoted clubs? (James Collins, of Shrewsbury, was our answer. However, we accept the ambiguous nature of the question could lead you think the question pertained to the two clubs promoted the previous season. Therefore we accepted Mark Cullen, of Luton as a correct answer)
6) Which club's shirts were sponsored by Martin Dawn PLC? (Southend)
7) Which three former Argyle players scored penalties in the play-off final shoot-out? (Ryan Leonard, Adam Barrett, Paul Hayes)
8) Which club, for a home game against Burton Albion, had the lowest attendance of the season, with just 919 in the ground? (Accrington)
9) Which club had the longest winning AND the longest losing run of the season? (Luton)
10) Which team was top of the league on September 6? (Cheltenham)
Round Nine - Pictures
1) Jason Banton
2) Ryan Leonard
3) Dwight Marshall
4) Ryan Lane
5) Portsmouth at home
6) Bobby Reid
7) Reuben Reid
8) Trevor Carson
9) Anthony O'Connor
10) Duncan Capriotti
Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, Lewis Alessandra, Jason Banton, Reuben Reid, Marvin Morgan, Dom Blizzard, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Andy Kellett, Tyler Harvey, Carl McHugh, Bobby Reid, Nathan Thomas, Olly Lee, Anthony O'Connor, Deane Smalley, Ryan Brunt, Peter Hartley, Zak Ansah.