THE Green Army are still invited to submit any questions or observations they may have regarding recently revealed plans for the New Mayflower Grandstand.
We have already received a number of items of correspondence, which will be taken on board and addressed in a forthcoming post on this website.
The club has been working with architects, designers, staff and supporters since the announcement, in January, that the club's main grandstand is being redeveloped and expanded at a cost in excess of £5m.
The New Mayflower will a include a Conferencing & Banqueting Centre to provide 21st century hospitality for supporters and additional revenues to invest in the club and team.
Click here to go to our Facebook page to see the Grandstand Plans
The planning process is still being developed in advance of moving to formal public consultation shortly. However, before then, the Pilgrims are providing the Green Army with a chance to see how the development is progressing.
The plans show:
• the general layout of the refurbished and extended grandstand;
• locations and proposed sizes of new ancillary buildings, including the players’ dressing-room, club shop and bars;
• sections through the building, showing how the works will affect the existing structure and extend it to provide greatly improved facilities;
• rendered computer-generated images, giving a snapshot of what the buildings will look like when complete;
• future stages of the project which will eventually see the capacity to more than 20,000.
The club invites comments, observations and questions from the Green Army who have seen the plans, either over the weekend or by viewing them here. Please send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email 'Grandstand Plans'