Itinerary and Objectives
THE Argyle Day of Action is almost upon us and we now have a clear itinerary for the day, with a set of valuable objectives for our wonderful volunteers.
We are so very grateful to the 75 volunteers who have stepped forward for a special day at Home Park, as we work on a number of initiatives designed to add some extra love and care to symbolic areas around the Theatre of Greens.
A full list of objectives are outlined below and Argyle Community Trust will also be running events in the Family Stand, including arts and crafts, table tennis, pool and gaming. Argyle officials in attendance will include our chairman and staff from the club shop, commercial department, stadium and admin.
Please note we are now at our full quota of volunteers and special thanks to our Day of Action sponsors: PASOTI (Plymouth Argyle Supporters on the Internet), Needacab247 and the Green Taverners – your support is very much appreciated.
9.30am – Green Taverners’ Marquee for briefing and Breakfast
10am – Day of Action works begin
1pm – Lunch Served in the Green Taverners’ Marquee
2pm – Day of Action resumes
5pm – Day of Action finishes
- Cleaning of the façade next to the shop, down to the Devonport end, and re-painting the white and green areas
- Weeding and Landscaping these areas
Devonport end and concourse
- Weeding memorial bricks and cleaning
- Landscaping the area, including strimming and power washing the concourse
- Cleaning and decluttering of bricked area and doors
- Clearing all rubbish and decluttering
- Landscaping/strimming area
- Re-fencing with new fencing
- Weeding the Astro and drainage tray around the pitch
- Cleaning of all lower ground boards
- Seat cleaning
- Vomitorium cleaning around the stadium
- Cleaning all white cladding around the horseshoe
- Cleaning all upper ground boards
- Cleaning all lower brickwork underneath kiosks, bars and standing areas
- Paint and clean all service doors
- Clean all internal and external fire exits and doors
- Deep clean all bins
- Cleaning and dusting of all bins
- Clean and wipe all internal signage
- Wipe and clean all turnstiles
- Wipe and dust all upper turnstiles
External Cleaning Company
Huge thanks to 5Star Cleaning services, who are also helping out on the day, cleaning the two ends of the stadium with industrial powerwashers, plus any Perspex along the top of the stadium.