Argyle Ladies 4 Keynsham Development 2

ARGYLE booked their place in the first round proper of the Women's FA Cup with a deserved victory against Combination rivals Keynsham Development.

Nicky Lake made her debut at right back following her transfer from Newquay in place of Anna Gower who has sustained a severe knee injury that will keep her sidelined for a few months.

Having defeated Keynsham  6-0 on the opening day of the season, the girls started where they left off, and were ahead after just two minutes, Laura Perrett finishing from six yards.

Argyle might have doubled their tally just a few minutes later when Ellie Dorey was played in. She ran into the box but with just the advancing keeper to beat saw her shot saved.

Argyle were having most of the possession, but with the visitors packing their defence, they found it difficult on the heavy pitch to create good opportunities.

The second inevitable goal came in the 26th minute. Following poor defensive work, Steph Beck, left completely unmarked, was able to pick her spot from 10 yards.

Immediately aftewards, winger Chloe Bassett, feeling unwell, had to be replaced by teenager Sarah Stacey on the right side.

It was not all one way traffic, however, and the visitors pulled a goal back when their player just beat 'keeper Michaela Phillips to the ball at the edge of the box to flick the ball into the unguarded net in the 40th minute.

The second half continued with Argyle pressing at every opportunity and the visitors defending in numbers.

In the 55th minute, Daisy Self replaced Ellie Dorey in midfield, and shortly after Argyle got their third goal when Captain Katie Middleton's swerving kick from 35 yards eluded everyone to find the bottom corner of the net and restore the two goal cushion.

The  persistent visitors pulled another goal back ten minutes later, when their best player, midfielder Ronaldinha, sent over a high looping shot that dropped just under the bar.

Argyle got the ball in the net again only to be ruled offside, before Self supplied leading scorer Mousley with the vital pass to round off the scoring with a firm shot from eight yards.

Laura Perrett had the final say with a crisp shot that struck an upright just as the referee blew for full time.
The girls are drawn away to Forest Green Rovers in the next round on Sunday, December 9.