Up For The Cup
WITH Sunday's FA Cup first round tie with Dorchester Town nearly upon us, James Beavis runs down the essential 1-11 facts that you need to know.1. The draw for the second round takes place before Argyle’s match on Sunday – at 2.40pm, live on ITV1.
2. Argyle will be ball number 16 in the draw.
3. Argyle have not won an FA Cup tie since our 3-2 third round triumph over Hull at Home Park on January 5, 2008.
4. The last time Argyle won an FA Cup tie on the road was on January 27, 2007 in our 2-0 success at Barnet.
5. The capacity of the Dorchester’s Avenue Stadium is 5,009.
6. However, the attendance at Dorchester’s previous game was less than 10% of that – 463 against Tonbridge Angels.
7. The defeat ended Dorchester’s 100% record at the Avenue this season and they have now lost their last three in the Blue Square Bet South.
8. Dorchester midfielder Nick Crittenden made two appearances for Argyle during a loan spell in 1998.
9. Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp joined Dorchester on loan during the 1978-79 season but failed to play at the Avenue, only appearing in Town’s away matches.
10. Pilgrims manager Carl Fletcher was an FA Cup runner-up with West Ham United in the 2005-06 season.
11. Argyle striker Nick Chadwick has scored one FA Cup goal in his career – ironically against the Pilgrims for Everton on January 8, 2005.