Argyle Ladies 4 FG Rovers Ladies 4

ARGYLE'S Ladies began their hoe campaign with thrilling 4-4 draw with Forest Green Rovers.

The Ladies welcomed back Laura Perrett and Ellie Dorey inot the sqaud and started well with quick fluent passing through midfield giving Rachel Javan the opportunity to score from 15

Within five minutes, Bex Rose had combined well with Katie Middleton to send Jodie Chubb through, although her first touch was a bit heavy, Jodie's pace and desire was enough to get her to the ball before the keeper, allowing her to double the Pilgrims' lead.

The next ten minutes was end to end with both defences taking control as each team attempted to break down each other.
Forest Green were next to score and after Argyle's Ellie Dorey had gone down injured, Forest Green played on with a sweeping move from left to right releasing their striker to half the deficit.
With the second half underway, Argyle were again under pressure and within five minutes a defensive mix up enabled Forest Green to level the scores.

Argyle were now under a great deal of pressure and were struggling to keep the ball for any length of time.

Within minutes they were 3-2 down, with another mix up at the back and some poor decision making letting in former Arglye player Sarah Stacey.

More indecision soon led to another Forest Green goal.

Argyle's Alex Hugh was replaced by Natalie Warman on the hour and the Pilgrims began to work their way back into the game.

A change to 4-4-2 with Katie Middleton and Bex Rose up top seemed to have the desired effect, and they combined well for the latter to strike home from 18 yards.

Argyle were now on top and Forest Green were hanging on.  A cross from Emily Mousley was sent to Middleton who headed over the advancing keeper to level at 4-4.

The Pilgrims  had the ball in the net again with ten minutes to go only for Middleton to be ruled offside.

Rose then did the same thing but again, the linesman's flag chalked it off.

As much as Argyle searched for the winner it didnt come. Final score 4-4
Manager Kev Rose said: "We started well at a very good tempo, our quality on the ball was good, we shifted the ball so quickly in the first 20 mins and deserved our 2-0 lead.

"We then took our foot off the gas so to speak and let them back into the game, that combined with individual mistakes has cost us today.

"We need to as a team work for each other, you get out of football what you put in, how much you want to win when you step across the line is down to each individual.

"Today we didn't all step over the line with that desire."