The Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz - Part Two
IT is Day Two of the ultimate test of Argyle knowledge - our much-anticpated annual Bumper Summer Quiz.Yesterday we posted the first two rounds of questions - click here to take them on - and we will be posting two rounds each day until Saturday. When you have answers for the complete ten rounds, please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning entry - the one with the most correct answers - will take home our peerless and famed prize: The Box of Stuff.
The Box of Stuff contains all manner of Argyle goodies, trinkets and gifts. There are shirts, DVDs, programmes, badges, wristbands, bootlaces - even some tape to make sure your socks don't fall down. And more besides.
Please do not send sets of answers daily; we will only accept complete answers from Saturday onwards. Closing date for entry is 5pm on Friday, July 4, 2014. The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, one of the highest scorers will be selected at random as overall winner.
Round Three - Former Pilgrims
Here are ten questions about former Pilgrims and their exploits during the 2013-14 season. 'Former Pilgrim' can mean first-team players, loanees, managers and youth players.
1) Name the former Argyle player that scored in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday, May 17.
2) And which ex-Pilgrim scored in the FA Cup final at Wembley?
3) Which former Pilgrims manager won the Manager of the Month award for the Premier League in April?
4) Which former Argyle striker became the first Englishman to score a hat-trick in the MLS?
5) Name the former Argyle player who was in the England under-21 squad for the Toulon Tournament?
6) And name the four former Pilgrims to feature in the latest England under 19s squad.
7) Which former Pilgrim became manager of Linfield?
8) Which pair of former Pilgrims signed for Crawley within days of each other early in 2014, but were both released at the end of the season?
9) Which former Argyle player was awarded the PFA Player in the Community Award for 2014?
10) Which ex-Pilgrim set a record in his national league by scoring seven goals in an 8-2 victory in March?
Round Four - The Name Game
Ten general knowledge questions, all of which contain the surname of a player that represented Argyle in the 2013-14 season.
1) Who called for a pipe, a bowl and three fiddlers in a nursery rhyme?
2) Which football club did Yeading FC merge with in 2007?
3) Which British motor manufacturer has produced models called the Plus 4 and the Aero?
4) Who is featured on a column in Trafalgar Square?
5) Which actress played the characters Cathy Gale and Pussy Galore?
6) Who hosted Sale of the Century from 1971-1983 and has presented Just a Minute on Radio Four since 1967?
7) Who scored the winning goal for Arsenal against Liverpool to clinch the Division One title in 1988-89?
8) What is the surname of brothers Charlie and Craig, who comprise the band ‘The Proclaimers’?
9) Which song by the American band Fun, and featuring Janelle Morae, was the third highest selling single in the UK in 2012?
10) Who is the head female judge on BBC TV’s Great British Bake-off?
Click here to see Rounds One and Two. Rounds Five and Six will be posted on Thursday.