11 Things...About Josh Simpson
LEARN more about our newest signing. Here are 11 things about Josh Simpson...
1. Josh Simpson was born on March 6, 1987 in Harlow, Essex. He celebrated his 28th birthday this year.
2. His full name is Joshua Richard Simpson, and he is approximately 6 foot tall.
3. In 2004, Simpson’s football career started at Cambridge City, in 2006, he transferred to Cambridge United on a one-year contract.
4. In November 2009, Josh joined the Posh, heading to Peterborough United on loan hoping to be offered a more permanent placement.
5. He scored two goals (including the equalising goal on 90 minutes) for Peterborough United against Cardiff city resulting in a 4-4 draw in 2009; following this he signed a three-and-a-half year contract for Peterborough United in January, 2010.
6. After a six-month stint playing for Southend United, Simpson was signed to Crawley Town on a two-and-a-half year contract. His debut was made the very next day as an 83rd minute substitute against Eastbourne Borough.
7. Simpson was the Crawley Town captain, and he appeared in matches for them 165 times over a four-year period.
8. Josh has two sons: Ralph and Hugo.
9. Simpson has already played under Argyle’s recent addition of Craig Brewster (assistant manager) during his time at Crawley.
10. He was voted in the top eight on the list of Crawley’s all-time favourite players.
11. Josh is currently working towards a degree in Exercise and Sport.