EFL 2019-20 Key Dates
THE EFL has announced the key dates across the league for the upcoming 2019-20 season, which will begin on Saturday, August 3.
Set for a 9am announcement on Thursday, 20 June, the fixture release day represents a date to mark in the diary for supporters up and down the country, with all 72 EFL Clubs from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two able to plan their respective campaigns.
The first weekend of August is to host the opening round of League fixtures, whilst Round One in the Carabao Cup is to take place week commencing 12 August.
Wembley will play host to the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday, March 1, in what will be the first of five Finals in the EFL calendar, whilst the EFL Trophy Final, which attracted a record crowd of 85,021 in this year’s showpiece between Portsmouth and Sunderland, is to take place the following month on Sunday, April 5.
The season-ending Sky Bet EFL Play-Offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium, this time across two weekends in May. The League Two Final will start proceedings on Saturday, May 16, before League One and the Championship take centre stage the following weekend on Sunday, May 24 and Monday, May 25, respectively.
The scheduling of the respective Play-Off Finals is due to a busy period in the football calendar, with Wembley Stadium also hosting fixtures at Euro 2020, including the Semi-Finals and Final.
A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2019/20 EFL season can be found below:
• Fixture Release Date – Thursday 20 June 2019, 9am
• Start Date – Saturday 3 August 2019 (with a likely live game on Friday 2 August)
• Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 12 August 2019
• Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 1 March 2020
• EFL Trophy Round One – w/c 2 September 2019
• EFL Trophy Final – Sunday 5 April 2020
• League Two Play-Off Final – Saturday 16 May 2020
• League One Play-Off Final – Sunday 24 May 2020
• Championship Play-Off Final – Monday 25 May 2020