Argyle Youth 4 Bournemouth 2

THIS was one of the most entertaining EFL Youth Alliance games witnessed by the Argyle faithful as the young Pilgrims beat a very good AFC Bournemouth side at the Manadon Hub.

Both sides looked to attack at every opportunity, despite the cold and windy conditions, and the game got off to an unbelievable start with two goals inside the opening three minutes.

The Cherries took 63 seconds to start the scoring as Oliver James fired low past Harry Townsend from 20 yards. It was less than a minute later when Reuben Collum rose at the far post to head the ball back across for Rhys Shirley to nod Argyle level.

A further half-hour had passed when Ollie Tomlinson was adjudged to have pushed Evan Pollock in the back, leaving Brooklyn Genesini to convert the penalty and restore the visitor's lead.

Back came Argyle, with full-back Isaac Burdon levelling via a fine low drive from the edge of the box and the Greens almost went in at the break with a lead, but Bournemouth goalkeeper Billy Terrell did very well to beat out Jude Boyd's ferocious drive, and a minute later he scrambled Tomlinson's header around the post.

Argyle required just a minute of the second half to take the lead as Jarvis Cleal's left-wing corner flew into the far top corner of Terrell's goal.

Terrell then somehow pushed Shirley's drive on to his bar before Townsend reciprocated with a fine save from Pollock. Bournemouth were reduced to 10 men 14 minutes from time, when skipper Harry Bertrand was shown a straight red card for pulling back Rubin Wilson as he burst clear.

Argyle needed just four minutes to make their man advantage tell as Boyd waltzed his way into the area to neatly place his shot inside Terrell's near post and complete a satisfying Pilgrim victory.

Argyle: Harry Townsend, Ali Mansaray (Finley Craske 67), Isaac Burndon, Charlie Miller (Carlo Garside 70), Ollie Tomlinson, Jude Boyd, Jarvis Cleal, Jeremiah Medine, Rubin Wilson, Rhys Shirley, Rueben Collum. Substitutes (not used): Scott Crocker, Tyler Coombes.