FOOTBALL may feel like a distant memory but it was not so long ago that Argyle were approaching the conclusion of a thrilling season in Sky Bet League Two.
Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims were flying high in the promotion race when football was suspended in response to the Coronavirus and we want to test your knowledge on the campaign.
Argyle have played 45 competitive fixtures in the 2019-20 season and we have one question from every game. See how you get on and we will reveal the answers on Friday evening.
Just for some incentive, we have added in some scoring categories below:
Green Genius: Above 35 Correct Answers
Solid Green: 25 – 34 Correct Answers
Medium Green: 15 – 24 Correct Answers
Green Revision Required: Under 15 Correct Answers
- Who scored the opening goal of the Ryan Lowe era, after just four minutes at Crewe Alexandra?
- Antoni Sarcevic scored the winner against Colchester in the second game of the season but his previous Pilgrim goal came at which other Essex club?
- Argyle beat Leyton Orient 2-0 in the Carabao Cup but which current Green played for the O’s when the two sides last met in this competition in 2014-15?
- Which two strikers made their first league starts in the 1-0 defeat at Newport?
- Who scored his first goal as a Pilgrim in the 2-2 draw with Salford City?
- A new loan forward came on for Dom Telford in the 3-0 win over Walsall – what was his name?
- Who scored on his full debut in the 4-2 loss to Reading in the Carabao Cup?
- Joe Riley scored the consolation in our defeat at Northampton but where does he now ply his trade?
- Which defender made his Argyle debut in the Leasing.com Trophy draw with Bristol Rovers?
- Who scored the Pilgrim equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Oldham Athletic?
- Who captained the Greens in the 1-0 defeat at Port Vale?
- Argyle drew 2-2 at Crawley in September but who scored a penalty on our last visit to this corner of West Sussex?
- Which left-footed new recruit played at right wing-back in the home loss to Cheltenham?
- Conor Grant scored the only goal in the win at Mansfield but with which Premier League club did he start his career?
- Argyle drew 2-2 with Scunthorpe in October but who managed our side when the Iron visited Home Park five months previous?
- Who scored the middle goal in the 3-0 win at Swindon in the Leasing.com Trophy?
- Argyle returned to Swindon four days later in the league but who did Alex Palmer replace in the team?
- Who made his Pilgrim debut as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Carlisle?
- Name the former Argyle favourite who suffered a tough return to management when we defeated Leyton Orient 4-0?
- Our trip to Exeter in October was a forgettable one but who scored our second goal in the previous trip to the Grecians, a game that ended 2-0 to the Greens?
- Which Academy graduate made just his second start in Green for the visit of Chelsea in the Leasing.com Trophy?
- Argyle beat Bolton Wanderers 1-0 in the FA Cup but which former Pilgrim took charge of the Trotters?
- Alex Palmer picked up another impressive clean sheet in the 1-0 victory at Forest Green but the young goalkeeper is on loan from which club?
- Who scored after five minutes in the 2-1 triumph over Bradford City?
- Who was revelling in a new anchor midfield role for the FA Cup draw at Bristol Rovers?
- A former West Ham starlet and Pilgrim loanee lined up for Cambridge in their 1-0 win over the Greens – who was it?
- Which former Pilgrim lined up in attack for Morecambe when they lost 3-0 at Home Park?
- Another former Green question, who was the pitchside reporter for BT in the televised defeat to Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup?
- Boxing Day yielded a 1-0 success at Cheltenham but where did we play exactly 12 months earlier?
- Niall Canavan secured a last-minute victory over Stevenage but where did his professional career begin?
- New Year’s Day saw the full opening of the magnificent new Mayflower Grandstand but, to within 1,000, what was the attendance for the game against Swindon?
- Luke Jephcott scored twice in the 3-1 win at Scunthorpe but who bagged the other Argyle goal?
- Who scored on his Pilgrim debut in the 3-0 victory at Carlisle?
- Graham Coughlan was in the opposing dug-out when Argyle beat Mansfield but can you name the one Scottish club represented by this Pilgrim legend in his playing days?
- When Ryan Lowe’s Greens won 2-1 at Stevenage, it became how many successive wins on the road?
- Which Academy star was given a place on the bench for the 2-2 home draw with Crawley?
- Tyreeq Bakinson scored the only goal in the win over Newport but with which club did he make his first professional appearance?
- When Argyle went down to defeat at Colchester in February it was their first away loss in that month since what year?
- Name the former Manchester United star who scored twice for Salford but was unable to prevent Argyle from leaving the Peninsula Stadium with a 3-2 triumph?
- Argyle’s windy win over Crewe was played during the storm of what name?
- Who scored the late equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Macclesfield?
- The 0-0 draw with Cambridge was marked by what traditional Home Park annual celebration?
- Name the referee who sent off two Pilgrims in the muddy defeat at Bradford?
- Ian Holloway returned to Home Park with his Grimsby side but left with a 3-0 loss but what was the name of Ollie’s assistant manager during his time with the Greens?
- In the final game before the enforced suspension of football, a 3-0 win over Macclesfield, who bagged a brace?
Good luck Green Army