Sheffield Wednesday (A) | Supporter Information
1,300 members of the Green Army have already purchased their tickets for our second trip of the season to Hillsborough, with the prospect of more joining as pay on the day is available.
With the Owls' working stadium capacity exceeding 10,000, supporters are advised that COVID Status checks will be in operation, and to prepare accordingly.
Sheffield Wednesday have kindly provided supporter information ahead of Saturday's clash, and you can read it in full below, or by visiting Wednesday's website.
Please note that the following COVID Status guidance applies to those aged 18 and over.
You will need to be provide COVID-19 Certification to enter Hillsborough. You should also be prepared for the necessary changes to our matchday operation to ensure the safest possible environment for yourself and everyone around you.
WHAT COUNTS AS COVID-19 CERTIFICATION?
You can demonstrate your vaccine status via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App or NHS website HERE: NHS COVID Pass - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
For anyone not double-jabbed, evidence of a negative lateral flow test MUST be registered on the Government website HERE within 48 hours of matchday. This will allow entry to the stadium. Please allow sufficient time to order lateral flow test packs if applicable.
There will be a secondary perimeter in place around the stadium to allow for designated checkpoint areas, located as follows:
South Stand Bridge – for supporters in the South Stand, Grandstand or hospitality areas
Leppings Lane Apron – for supporters in the North Stand or West Stand (visiting fans)
South Stand Car Park – for supporters in the South Stand, Grandstand or Kop
Penistone Road – for supporters in the Kop or North Stand
Gate 18 – for disabled supporters requiring access through the manned gate
Once you have passed through the checkpoints there will be no return and the usual matchday procedures apply, with no further checking of certification required.
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
Given the regulations of Plan B, it is essential that supporters arrive at Hillsborough as early as possible on to ensure sufficient time for the certification checks. Please be patient and consider those around you at the checkpoints, which will open from 11:45am. Some turnstiles will open earlier than normal at midday. Please do not bring bags unless absolutely necessary, this will aid the flow of supporters into the stadium.
WHICH TURNSTILES OPEN FROM MIDDAY?
North Stand - Leppings Lane checkpoint – turnstiles 1 and 2
South Stand - South Stand Bridge checkpoint – turnstiles 35 and 36
Grandstand - South Stand Bridge checkpoint – turnstile 101
Kop - Penistone Road checkpoint – turnstiles 61 and 62
North - Penistone Road checkpoint - turnstiles 82 and 83
West Stand - Leppings Lane checkpoint – turnstile 20 (away fans)
All remaining turnstiles will open on a staggered basis.
So you can continue to watch the Owls in a safe manner, it is imperative that you play your part by ensuring you have your valid COVID-19 Pass or proof of certification ready to inspect.
For full details about the NHS COVID Pass, which includes information on how to obtain valid certification of the COVID-19 vaccine, please CLICK HERE.
If you are an international resident, we accept certain vaccination proofs from other countries. For more information, read the guidance on approved COVID-19 vaccines and countries with approved proof of vaccination
All supporters attending fixtures at Hillsborough should be conversant with the following key messages:
• Please keep up to date, on a daily basis, with all communications relative to COVID-19
• It is essential you have a valid form of COVID-19 certification in your possession before you leave for the match or you WILL NOT be permitted entry to the stadium
• The best form of certification is the COVID-19 Pass if you are double or triple-jabbed. You can download the COVID-19 Digital Pass using the NHS App (please be aware that the registration process can take up to 24 hours). Given the likely event of limited connectivity on matchday, we advise to screenshot your pass in advance to show at the relevant checkpoint
• You can also gain entry by showing a negative lateral flow test result logged on the NHS App or Government website within 48 hours of matchday, although we advise you take the test as near to the game as possible. Please be aware a negative stick is not sufficient, your result MUST be logged on the Government website (Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) after which you will receive either a text message or email confirming the negative test result. Hospitality and directors box guests will be contacted separately with advice of protocols ahead of the respective matchday.
• If you do not have the App or cannot access the Government website, you must bring a printed NHS COVID-19 Pass supplied by the NHS HERE: Get your NHS COVID Pass letter - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
• For the avoidance of doubt, the handwritten medical card supplied at the time of each vaccination is not sufficient for entry
• Please ensure your pass is easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the checkpoints
• Do not rely on wi-fi signal on matchday for downloads as signals are invariably drained given the high volume of traffic and please ensure your mobile phone has sufficient battery life
• Under 18s will not need to certify COVID-19 status
• Remember, your certification is as important as your match ticket
TEST BEFORE TRAVEL
Full details on how to obtain a COVID-19 NHS Pass can be found above, but for those who are not double vaccinated, we reiterate you will need to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of matchday and log a negative result as outlined above.
If the test returns a positive result, then you MUST NOT attend the fixture and MUST follow the correct procedures as advised by the NHS. Further information about COVID-19 is available HERE.
DON’T TRAVEL IF UNWELL
Even if double vaccinated, you SHOULD NOT attend if you, or anybody attending with you, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, feels unwell, or is required to self-isolate.
Face masks are now mandatory in all inside areas of Hillsborough, including the concourses, except when eating or drinking. We also strongly advise to wear face coverings in outside areas if applicable to maximise the safety of yourself and others around you.
INSIDE THE GROUND
To incentivise supporters to arrive early we will be offering the following Meal Deal for all supporters between 12 noon and 2:00pm:
Pie & Pint £5
Pie & Soft Drink £4.50
Ozzie and Barnie Owl will be walking around the ground greeting fans from 12 noon.
Supporters should note that the Wednesday Tap and 1867 Lounge will be closing earlier than usual with last orders at 2:30pm.
Once in the ground normal ground regulations apply.
How to get an NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
How to download a digital NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/
How to register a lateral flow test - Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Further information about COVID-19 can be found HERE: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Sheffield Wednesday are committed to ensuring the safety of every supporter entering Hillsborough and will be adhering fully to the Plan B Government regulations. We ask the same of all our supporters. Please be patient and respectful of our matchday staff as any kind of abuse will not be tolerated. We thank all fans in advance for your support.