IT is time to test your knowledge of all things Argyle as we play the 2015 Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz.
Between now and Friday, we will be posting two rounds each day, each with a different Argyle-related theme. At the end of the week, after you have had a go at all ten rounds, please send us your answers to email@example.com
Please do not send sets of answers daily; we will only accept complete answer lists from Saturday, July 4 onwards. Closing date for entry is 5pm on Friday, July 10, 2015. The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, one of the highest scorers will be selected at random as overall winner.
The prize, as always, is our legendary 'Box of Whatever'. The Box of Whatever is the upshot of the annual tidy-up of the Communications Office, which yields all manner of goodies. This year's Box of Whatever includes (but is not limited to) signed t-shirts; match DVDs; sweets; Argyle shorts; a Celtic shirt (well, it is green and white); posters; team sheets; laces; a scarf; and more.
Today's two rounds are inspired by the arrival of our new manager - in round one, we are testing your Derek Adams knowledge, and in round two, we have ten questions about Argyle players, present or past, to have some from Scotland.
ROUND ONE - DEREK ADAMS
1) How many professional clubs did Derek play for in his on-field career?
2) Which two clubs did Derek play for more than 100 times?
3) During his playing career, Derek appeared for only one club outside of Scotland. Which team was it?
4) Derek scored for Motherwell in the 2002-03 Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers. What was the final score of that game?
5) What was the first competition that Derek won as a manager?
6) In Ross County’s run to the Scottish Cup Final in 2010 with Derekin charge, which team did they beat 2-0 in the semi-final?
7) In Derek’s second stint as manager of Ross County, they cruised to the 2011-12 Scottish First Division championship. How many points clear of second-placed Dundee did they finish?
8) County also went on a remarkable unbeaten league run during that title-winning season. How many games did that run consist of?
9) Which other, personal honour did Derek receive at the end of the 2011-12 campaign?
10) What position in the table did Derek's Ross County finish in their debut season in the Scottish Premier League?
ROUND TWO - SCOTS AT ARGYLE
1) Which Scottish manager took charge of Argyle between 1981 and 1983?
2) Who is the only Scottish player to have ever received Argyle’s Player of the Year award?
3) Behind Sammy Black, which Scot has played the most times for Argyle?
4) Which Scotsman, signed from Porthleven in 1998, played for Argyle for four years, scoring seven goals?
5) Which former Argyle manager holds the record (alongside Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Gary Hooper and Marco Negri) for most goals scored in a single Scottish Premier League fixture?
6) Which Scottish striker scored 9 goals in 25 games during Argyle’s title-winning 2001-02 campaign?
7) Only one other Scot scored a goal for Argyle in that 2001-02 season. Who was it?
8) Which former Argyle player has played nine times for Scotland, scoring two goals, despite being born in Dorking?
9) Which Glaswegian scored 13 goals in 41 appearances for Argyle in a season-long loan during the 2008-09 campaign?
10) Which one Scot was contracted to Argyle during the 1991-92 season?