Corporate Sales Executive
Plymouth Argyle Football Club invite applications for the position of Corporate Sales Executive
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, the Corporate Sales Executive will be responsible for maximising revenues for the business by driving sales activity and maximising use of the facilities. The role involves selling a broad product-portfolio, including hospitality and advertising, on seasonal and match-by-match bases into a mix of existing clients and new businesses.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure sales targets are met and bookings are achieved through proactive telephone work and face-to-face sales meetings.
- Contact and qualify commercial sales opportunities, ensuring that enquiries are converted into confirmed business.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and resolve outstanding issues to ensure repeat business.
- Liaising with the Commercial Operations Manager, ensure that all contractual obligations are fully met with both club and Football League sponsors.
- Working with the Commercial Operations team, ensure that an accurate client database is managed on a regular basis.
- Ensure the happiness and well being of all corporate clients on a match-day, utilising the hospitality team to maximise customers’ enjoyment.
- Assist in the arrangement of corporate events.
- Actively participate in marketing and networking opportunities in the local area.
- Travel as required to meet the above requirements and to ensure that Plymouth Argyle Football Club has a vibrant presence in the Devon and Cornwall communities in relation to corporate involvement.
HOURS OF WORK
The standard working week will be a nominal 35 hours, plus all home match-days.
Although not essential, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of generating sales revenue in a competitive environment. They will have a track record of renewing business sales and experience of managing clients and their expectations. They will also possess excellent organisational skills and be confident working in a fast paced environment and to required deadlines. An understanding of sports clubs is an advantage but is not essential, however good computer skills and a good level of numeracy and literacy are required.
Applications will be accepted via CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Please send your CV and covering letter, together with details of your current salary and notice period, to James Greenacre (Commercial Operations Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be received by 5pm on Wednesday, July 8, 2015. Interviews to take place in Plymouth week commencing Monday, July 20.
Plymouth Argyle Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.