IT is day two of the 2015 Bumper Argyle Summer Quiz.We will be posting two rounds each day this week, each with a different Argyle-related theme. At the end of the week, after you have had a go at all ten rounds, please send us your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday's questions can be found here.
Please do not send sets of answers daily; we will only accept complete answer lists from Saturday, July 4 onwards. Closing date for entry is 5pm on Friday, July 10, 2015. The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, one of the highest scorers will be selected at random as overall winner.
The prize, as always, is our legendary 'Box of Whatever'. The Box of Whatever is the upshot of the annual tidy-up of the Communications Office, which yields all manner of goodies. This year's Box of Whatever includes (but is not limited to) signed t-shirts; match DVDs; sweets; Argyle shorts; a Celtic shirt (well, it is green and white); posters; team sheets; laces; a scarf; and more.
Today's rounds require some general football knowledge - while keeping Argyle in mind...
Round Three – Familiar Names
In this round, we will give you ten general football questions – the answers all share surnames with players in the current Pilgrims squad...
1) Who is the manager of Morecambe?
2) Which former Argyle player has written books called Left Foot Forward and Left Foot in the Grave?
3) Who was the Leeds United goalkeeper who missed a Charity Shield penalty that gave Liverpool victory?
4) Who scored a stunning winner for Liverpool in a victory against Arsenal in 2004, but was forced to retire at the age of 29 because of a knee injury?
5) Who is the new manager of Torquay?
6) Who is England’s youngest ever goalscorer?
7) Who was the manager of Sunderland when they won promotion to the Premier League in 1996?
8) Who did Cesc Fabregas kick a ball at whilst playing for Chelsea at the end of the 2014-15 season, resulting in the former being sent off?
9) Which Scottish international, who played for Hearts and Celtic, achieved promotion in his first three seasons as a manager?
10) Which former Crystal Palace, Wigan and QPR player was famously nicknamed ‘One Size’?
Round Four –First and last
All questions refer to the 2014-15 Sky Bet League 2 season...
1) Who was the first Argyle player to score a penalty during the league season?
2) Who was the first loan player to score for the Pilgrims during the campaign?
3) Who was the first player in the season to score a decisive winner for Argyle during the season?
4) Who were the first team to have a player sent off against Argyle?
5) Who was the first Argyle player to score a headed goal in the league?
6) Who was the last Argyle player to score a first half goal?
7) Where did Luke McCormick keep his first away clean sheet?
8) Who was the last player to score in consecutive league games?
9) Who was the first Argyle player to score and be cautioned in the same game?
10) Who was the first player to score a hat-trick against Exeter...in 87 years?